“Bronson, et al, are another eloquent argument for live music everywhere
Joe Delaney, Las Vegas Sun”
Emmy nominated Lon Bronson is one of the most highly sought after musicians in the country; functioning as musical director, trumpeter, conductor, arranger/composer, and producer for National TV, Headline performers, Production Shows, and large scale corporate events.
Lon has afforded Musical Direction to a wide range of celebrities – from David Cassidy and Faith Hill, to Triumph The Insult Comic Dog and ‘The Rat Pack Is Back’. He is currently the Conductor for ‘The Symphonic Rock Show’.
Lon’s primary vehicle for bringing world-class music to Las Vegas has been The Lon Bronson Band. This iconic 14 piece horn infused band is well known nationally/locally for their eclectic mix of Classic Rock, Soul, & Blues.
Formed in 1990, they remain Vegas’ longest running band, celebrating their 27th Anniversary, and are in residence at the prestigious Smith Center.
As Drew Carey once famously said of them: “This is a house band so good, you’ll never want to leave the house”.
Notable accomplishments include:
- Tower Of Power – The Lon Bronson Band recorded a Live CD with the Legendary “Tower Of Power” band – a hybrid of Lon’s All-Star Band joining forces with Tower, performed a live concert in Las Vegas in September of 2012 – The CD entitled “Doc Goes Vegas” was released in January 2013.
- The CD “Live”, was recorded at the Golden Nugget showroom, and was released in 2006 to rave reviews. Both are available on Strokeland Records.
- Last Comic Standing – Lon was Musical Director, Arranger/Orchestrator/ Conductor for the NBC 2008 finale episode, viewed by over 7 million people.
- Steve Schirripa Show – Lon was Musical Director and Bandleader for this highly anticipated 2007 pilot on the Fox Network starring Steve Schirripa of The Sopranos.
- Earth To America – Lon was nominated for a 2006 Emmy in the Musical Direction category for this star studded 2 hr TBS Network Special, which aired in November 2005. Lon composed the theme song and was Musical Director for this critically acclaimed comedy/variety special focusing on Global Warming. Stars included Tom Hanks, Faith Hill, Dustin Hoffman and Bill Maher.
- The Ron White Show – Lon was Musical Director and composed the theme song for this highly anticipated comedy/variety show. His All-Star Band was the house band for the show, which aired on the WB network spring 2005.
- Viva Variety – Lon was Musical Director and Bandleader for Comedy Central’s off the wall cult TV variety hit for it’s entire 3rd television season. Lon enjoyed featured dialogue on almost every episode and retained star billing in the opening credits. Lon composed, orchestrated, and arranged music for all of the guest stars including Whoopi Goldberg, Charles Durning, Keenan Ivory Wayans, and Shelley Long.
- Friar’s Club Roast of Drew Carey – Lon composed the theme song for the roast, which has aired on Comedy Central for the last seven seasons. Lon was Musical Director and performed with Band.
- HBO’s Mr. Vegas All Night Party Starring Drew Carey – As Musical Director for the comedy/variety TV special Lon arranged, composed and coordinated all the music for his own ensemble and for the featured guest stars. He also appears as a featured Actor in the closing sketch.
Musical Direction/Performances with:
Lon has afforded Musical Direction to a vast array of Stars including Drew Carey, Faith Hill, David Cassidy, Wayne Newton, Triumph The Insult Comic Dog (Robert Smigel). Lon has performed with: Little Anthony & The Imperials, Celine Dion, The Temptations, Jerry Lewis, The Four Tops, Gloria Estefan, David Foster, Dionne Warwick, Peabo Bryson, Elton John, Jeffrey Osbourne, Roberta Flack, Frankie Valli, Bobby Vinton, Luther Vandross, Don Henley, Wayne Newton, Michael Amante, Sheena Easton, Cheap Trick, Diana Ross, and Natalie Cole.
Conducted for (pop):
- Sheena Easton
- David Cassidy
- Cast of HBO’s “The Sopranos”
- Wayne Newton
- Whoopi Goldberg
- Faith Hill
- Drew Carey
- Guest Conductor, Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra
- Guest Conductor, Pacific Symphony Concert Orchestra
- Guest Conductor, The Syracuse Symphoria
- 2005 – Producer of the All-Star Band’s first CD, LIVE, which was recorded at the Golden Nugget, Las Vegas. The CD is in it’s second pressing and received 5 Stars from Las Vegas Weekly.
- 1981 Graduate (BM), New England Conservatory of Music, Boston, MA
- 1995-2001 – UNLV Music Professor
- 1994-2004 – House Orchestra Leader for the Riviera Hotel.
Direct Lon Bronson/All-Star Band Booking Inquiries to:
Direct Media Inquiries to: